About this Opportunity!
Recreation Program Assistant - Part-Time Medical Benefits Eligible
Do you enjoy working with youth and families in a recreation setting?
If you answered YES, this may be the opportunity for you! The
Gymnastics Assistant assists with gymnastics operations, general
leadership in the gymnastics program, supervises gymnastics birthday
parties, maintains a regular schedule of parent-tot instruction,
completes program reporting and assists with special projects. In the
absence of the Gymnastics Coordinator, the Gymnastics assistant will
serve as acting Gym Supervisor focusing on safety and providing
general supervision of staff, participants and occasional volunteers.
This position works day time hours on weekdays and one weekend shift
per week for a total of 35 hours each week. Additional day, evening,
weekend and/or holiday hours may be required. Weekly work hours may
vary to cover open classes and birthday party shifts.
This position qualifies for medical benefits.
Our Ideal Candidate
- One (1) year class instruction or program leadership experience.
- Experience in Gymnastics preferred.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively; establish and
maintain working relationships with employees and the public of all ages.
- Will lead safe, fun and effective movement classes for young
children (toddler to school-aged), which includes playing games,
singing songs and giving direction to young children and their guardians.
- Will be highly motivated and take direction well with excellent
interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to train others to be competent in a variety of gymnastics
skill progressions and spotting techniques for a basic level of
gymnastics as well as train to become competent in the use of a
variety of gymnastics equipment.
- Ability to provide superior customer service and resolve customer
complaints and escalated problems. Must possess strong problem
- Demonstrate teamwork, creativity, innovation and leadership in
performance of duties.
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
- Graduation from high school or completion of GED and one (1) year
working with young children (toddler to school aged) in a
recreational, educational and/or child care setting; or any
equivalent combination of acceptable education and years of experience.
- Must obtain CPR/AED certification within 30 days of employment,
and maintain certification thereafter.
- Must obtain HEADS UP Concussion certification within first 30 days
of employment and maintain certification thereafter.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Driver’s License or the ability
to obtain upon hire. Must be insurable by the District carrier at
the onset and for the duration of employment.
The job description above covers the main duties of this position.
Please note, as a team member, there may be additional
responsibilities that are required to meet ongoing needs of the department.
Employee Benefits & Perks at South Suburban
- FREE use of District fitness centers and swimming pools
- Discounts on recreation classes and golf (applicable to employees
working 14+ hours/week)
- Paid sick leave
- Opportunities for training and promotion from within
- Flexible schedules
- To view a complete listing of the District’s most current benefit
package, please visit http://careers.ssprd.org
Our mission is to foster healthy living through stewardship of the
environment, parks, trails, and open space by providing recreational
services and programs.
We serve residents in Bow Mar, Columbine Valley, Centennial west of
I-25, Littleton, Lone Tree and Sheridan and unincorporated portions of
Douglas, Jefferson and Arapahoe counties. We operate four full-service
recreation centers, golf courses, outdoor pools and restaurants, two
ice centers and miniature golf courses, and a BMX track, a sports
dome, batting cages, an entertainment center, a hotel and a nature
center. In addition, we maintain nearly 3,800 acres of developed and
open space land, including 119 multi-purpose athletic fields, more
than 100 parks, nearly 80 miles of trails, 60 playgrounds, 56 tennis
courts, and the 880-acre South Platte Park.