About this Opportunity!
Summer Camp Director Part-Time
$14.21 - $18.84 per hour
Do you enjoy working with children and would like to take your career
to the next level? Have you seen what makes a day camp run and want to
be the person running it? If you answered YES, this is the job for
you! The Day Camp Director is responsible for coordinating the daily
operation of camps and enforcing regulations. The Day Camp Director
will implement and maintain a safe recreational environment for
children. The position is also responsible for supervising and
training part-time staff and requires working directly with children
and parents on a daily basis by providing quality customer service.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Possess a professional and welcoming demeanor.
- Ability to develop and maintain a positive work relationship with
program participants, parents of children, and staff.
- Will be able to communicate effectively with children, parents of
- Has the ability to effectively manage employees and budgets.
- Must have ability to visually and audibly supervise children in a
variety of situations.
- Must be highly motivated and take direction well with excellent
interpersonal and communication skills.
- Will have knowledge of child care programming; recreation and its
application; safety and emergency first-aid procedures; program
management; and customer service principles.
- Must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Bachelor’s degree in Recreation, Elementary Education, Human
Services or directly related field preferred. OR
- Two years of college coursework and (6) six month of experience in
the care and supervision of four (4) of more children. OR
- Three (3) years of full-time experience working in a similar
setting with school age children.
- Must meet appropriate Director requirements/qualifications and
provide all documentation as required by the State of Colorado’s
Department of Human Services upon hire. Current certifications in
CPR, First Aid, and Standard Precautions and Medication
Administration or the ability to obtain such certifications upon hire.
- Complete fifteen (15) hours of training annually.
- Satisfactory criminal background check including Colorado Bureau
of Investigations and TRAILS/Central Registry criminal record review
as required by the Colorado Department of Social Services within
five (5) working days of employment.
- Provide all documentation as required by the State of Colorado
Child Care Licensing Division upon hire.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Driver’s License or the ability
to obtain one within thirty (30) days of employment. Must be
insurable by the District carrier at the onset and for the duration
The job description above covers the main duties of this position.
Please note, as a team member, there may be additional
responsibilities that are required to meet ongoing needs of the department.
Employee Benefits & Perks at
- FREE use of District fitness centers and swimming pools
- Discounts on recreation classes and golf (applicable to employees
working 14+ hours/week)
- Paid sick leave
- Opportunities for training and promotion from within
- Flexible schedules
- To view a complete listing of the District’s most current benefit
package, please visit http://careers.ssprd.org
Our mission is to foster healthy living through stewardship of the
environment, parks, trails, and open space by providing recreational
services and programs.
We serve residents in Bow Mar, Columbine Valley, Centennial west of
I-25, Littleton, Lone Tree and Sheridan and unincorporated portions of
Douglas, Jefferson and Arapahoe counties. We operate four full-service
recreation centers, golf courses, outdoor pools and restaurants, two
ice centers and miniature golf courses, and a BMX track, a sports
dome, batting cages, an entertainment center, a hotel and a nature
center. In addition, we maintain nearly 3,800 acres of developed and
open space land, including 119 multi-purpose athletic fields, more
than 100 parks, nearly 80 miles of trails, 60 playgrounds, 56 tennis
courts, and the 880-acre South Platte Park.