About this Opportunity!
Forestry & Open Space Maintenance Assistant - Part-Time
Medical Benefits Eligible
$16.50 - $17.55 per hour
Working outdoors gives people a chance to appreciate, promote, and
protect nature. Do you enjoy being in the open air, enjoying nature,
and making a positive impact in your community? If you answered YES,
look no further, this is the job for you! The Forestry & Open
Space Maintenance Assistant is responsible for performing general
maintenance duties at assigned District parks, trails, open space, and
urban forestry. May occasionally be responsible for leading
part-time/seasonal crew activities. This job may require shifts
ranging from morning to evening hours, weekends and holidays. This
position qualifies for medical benefits.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Has knowledge of methods, techniques and tools used in landscape
maintenance and/or forestry or arboriculture is preferred.
- Understands watering requirements for lawns, trees, plants and
various types of soil preferred.
- Has knowledge in the field of irrigation, installation,
maintenance and repairs preferred.
- Exhibits the use and maintenance of chemical spraying equipment preferred.
- Displays operation of a wide variety of equipment and tools used
in parks maintenance, repair and construction in a safe and
- Must have the ability to effectively communicate verbally;
establish and maintain working relationships with employees and
- Must be highly motivated and take direction well with excellent
interpersonal and communication skills.
- Has the ability to work productively without supervision within
established policies and procedures.
- Has the ability to perform manual labor for extended periods of time.
- One (1) year as a crew leader preferred.
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age with a high school
diploma or equivalent.
- One (1) year skilled labor experience with park, horticulture,
landscape, forestry including operating commercial landscape
- Must possess a valid Colorado Driver’s License or the ability to
obtain upon hire and maintain an acceptable driving record. Must
be insurable by the District carrier at the onset and for the
duration of employment.
The job description above covers the main duties of this position.
Please note, as a team member, there may be additional
responsibilities that are required to meet ongoing needs of the department.
Employee Benefits & Perks at
- Comprehensive Medical Package
- Paid sick leave
- FREE use of District fitness centers and swimming pools
- Discounts on recreation classes and golf (applicable to employees
working 14+ hours/week)
- Opportunities for training and promotion from within
- Flexible schedules
- To view a complete listing of the District’s most current benefit
package, please visit http://careers.ssprd.org
Our mission is to foster healthy living through stewardship of the
environment, parks, trails, and open space by providing recreational
services and programs.
We serve residents in Bow Mar, Columbine Valley, Centennial west of
I-25, Littleton, Lone Tree and Sheridan and unincorporated portions of
Douglas, Jefferson and Arapahoe counties. We operate four full-service
recreation centers, golf courses, outdoor pools and restaurants, two
ice centers and miniature golf courses, and a BMX track, a sports
dome, batting cages, an entertainment center, a hotel and a nature
center. In addition, we maintain nearly 3,800 acres of developed and
open space land, including 119 multi-purpose athletic fields, more
than 100 parks, nearly 80 miles of trails, 60 playgrounds, 56 tennis
courts, and the 880-acre South Platte Park.