About this Opportunity!
Assistant Outdoor Pool Manager
$13.50 - $17.55 per hour
Do you have experience in lifeguarding and pool maintenance and want
to step up to the next level? Become an Assistant Pool Manager and
assist in providing leadership and direction to our aquatics staff!
The Assistant Pool Manager position holds dual responsibility for
managing assigned pool staff while also patrolling the pool area and
enforcing safety rules and facility regulations at the assigned
outdoor pool(s). This is a safety-sensitive position, exercising a
high degree of discretion, trust, and confidence responsible for
administrative, supervisory, and professional work in the operation
and maintenance of the aquatic facility(s) and in coordinating various
aquatic programs. The ideal candidate will be responsible, outgoing,
organized and dedicated to safety and customer service.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Possess a professional and welcoming demeanor.
- Will be able to communicate effectively with the public and other
- Can work independently.
- Has the ability to swim to safety with a full-grown adult and
remain calm in emergencies.
- Can follow and enforce all pool standards and rules.
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
- One (1) year of head lifeguarding, swim lesson instructor, and
pool maintenance experience preferred.
- Current certification in American Red Cross Lifeguarding at time
- Must successfully pass the District Water Tests.
The job description above covers the main duties of this position.
Please note, as a team member, there may be additional
responsibilities that are required to meet ongoing needs of the department.
Employee Benefits & Perks at
- FREE use of District fitness centers and swimming pools
- Discounts on recreation classes and golf (applicable to employees
working 14+ hours/week)
- Paid sick leave
- Opportunities for training and promotion from within
- Flexible schedules
- To view a complete listing of the District’s most current benefit
package, please visit http://careers.ssprd.org
Our mission is to foster healthy living through stewardship of the
environment, parks, trails, and open space by providing recreational
services and programs.
We serve residents in Bow Mar, Columbine Valley, Centennial west of
I-25, Littleton, Lone Tree and Sheridan and unincorporated portions of
Douglas, Jefferson and Arapahoe counties. We operate four full-service
recreation centers, golf courses, outdoor pools and restaurants, two
ice centers and miniature golf courses, and a BMX track, a sports
dome, batting cages, an entertainment center, a hotel and a nature
center. In addition, we maintain nearly 3,800 acres of developed and
open space land, including 119 multi-purpose athletic fields, more
than 100 parks, nearly 80 miles of trails, 60 playgrounds, 56 tennis
courts, and the 880-acre South Platte Park.