About this Opportunity!
Lead Golf Maintenance Worker - Part-Time Medical Benefits Eligible
$16.50 - $17.55 per hour
Do you enjoy golf and want to work outside? Now is your chance to
advance your career in golf course maintenance! The Lead Golf
Maintenance Worker is responsible for the golf course maintenance
including but not limited to raking traps, mowing greens, mowing tees,
mowing roughs, divot repair, edging traps, push mowing landscape
areas, hand trimming, pulling weeds, picking up trash, and
participating in small projects when needed. We are currently looking
for all hours of operation: morning to evening hours, weekends and holidays.
This position qualifies for medical benefits.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Will have knowledge of how to play the game of golf and understand
how job performance affects the operations of the golf course and
knowledge of the use and operating standards of equipment and hand tools.
- Knowledge of methods, tools and practices to construct and
maintain greens, fairways, trees and shrubs, bunkers and other
aspects of a golf course maintenance is preferred.
- Will provide superior customer service and work well with
coworkers, patrons, and supervisors.
- Must possess effective verbal communication to establish and
maintain working relationships with employees and the public.
- Must be highly motivated and take direction well with excellent
interpersonal and communication skills.
- Will have the ability to work productively without supervision
within established policies and procedures.
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age with a high school
diploma or equivalent.
- One (1) year experience working at a golf course.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Driver’s License or the ability
to obtain upon hire and maintain an acceptable driving record.
The job description above covers the main duties of this position.
Please note, as a team member, there may be additional
responsibilities that are required to meet ongoing needs of the department.
Employee Benefits & Perks at
- Comprehensive Medical Package
- Paid sick leave
- FREE use of District fitness centers and swimming pools
- Discounts on recreation classes and golf
- Opportunities for training and promotion from within
- Flexible schedules
- To view a complete listing of the District’s most current benefit
package, please visit http://careers.ssprd.org
Our mission is to foster healthy living through stewardship of the
environment, parks, trails, and open space by providing recreational
services and programs.
We serve residents in Bow Mar, Columbine Valley, Centennial west of
I-25, Littleton, Lone Tree and Sheridan and unincorporated portions of
Douglas, Jefferson and Arapahoe counties. We operate four full-service
recreation centers, golf courses, outdoor pools and restaurants, two
ice centers and miniature golf courses, and a BMX track, a sports
dome, batting cages, an entertainment center, a hotel and a nature
center. In addition, we maintain nearly 3,800 acres of developed and
open space land, including 119 multi-purpose athletic fields, more
than 100 parks, nearly 80 miles of trails, 60 playgrounds, 56 tennis
courts, and the 880-acre South Platte Park.