About this Opportunity!
Park Ranger Part-Time
$13.35 - $17.55 per hour
Here's an opportunity for you to apply for what many consider to be a
'dream job!' - working as a Park Ranger for one of South Suburban’s
beautiful parks and trails! The Park Ranger is an unarmed law
enforcement position that enforces park rules and regulations in South
Platte Park and along the river corridor by vehicle, bicycle or foot.
Work with the public to provide information, conduct patrol and permit
compliance, safety inspections, and respond to emergencies, resolve
visitor complaints, and assist users with permits and special events.
In addition, this position works in wildlife and resource management
and environmental education. The job may require shifts ranging from
morning to evening hours, weekends and holidays.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Certifications in self-defense, officer safety, resource
management, interpretation, or equipment operations is strongly preferred.
- Has the skills and knowledge of basic park resource and facility
operations and maintenance.
- Is proficient in evaluating situations, applying rules and
guidelines, determining and carrying out appropriate course of
action to achieve desired results.
- Has knowledge in practices relating to conservation, preservation,
and protection of significant natural or scenic resources.
- Has knowledge and skills in the safe use of tools, material and
equipment associated with landscape, building, facility and utility
- Will have the ability to perform multiple functions at once and
the ability to handle the public in a friendly and professional manner.
- Has the ability to verbally communicate effectively; establish and
maintain working relationships with employees and the public.
- Must be eighteen (18) years old with a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Six (6) months working in law enforcement, park management, or
natural resource management.
- CPR/AED & First Aid Certification or the ability to obtain
- Must possess a valid Colorado Driver License or have the ability
to obtain upon hire and maintain an acceptable driving record.
The job description above covers the main duties of this position.
Please note, as a team member, there may be additional
responsibilities that are required to meet ongoing needs of the department.
Employee Benefits & Perks at
- FREE use of District fitness centers and swimming pools
- Discounts on recreation classes and golf (applicable to employees
working 14+ hours/week)
- Paid sick leave
- Opportunities for training and promotion from within
- Flexible schedules
- To view a complete listing of the District’s most current benefit
package, please visit http://careers.ssprd.org
Our mission is to foster healthy living through stewardship of the
environment, parks, trails, and open space by providing recreational
services and programs.
We serve residents in Bow Mar, Columbine Valley, Centennial west of
I-25, Littleton, Lone Tree and Sheridan and unincorporated portions of
Douglas, Jefferson and Arapahoe counties. We operate four full-service
recreation centers, golf courses, outdoor pools and restaurants, two
ice centers and miniature golf courses, and a BMX track, a sports
dome, batting cages, an entertainment center, a hotel and a nature
center. In addition, we maintain nearly 3,800 acres of developed and
open space land, including 119 multi-purpose athletic fields, more
than 100 parks, nearly 80 miles of trails, 60 playgrounds, 56 tennis
courts, and the 880-acre South Platte Park.