About this Opportunity!
Supervisor on Duty Part-Time
$13.35 - $17.55 per hour
Are you an outgoing, friendly and professional individual who
believes in providing superior customer service? Are you interested in
gaining supervisory experience in a recreation setting? If you
answered YES, this is the job for you! The Supervisor on Duty serves
as a supervisor in the absence of other facility leadership while
performing customer service tasks, cash handling and/or collection
included. Responsible for administering and enforcing facility rules
and policies and provides leadership during emergency situations. This
position effectively handles a variety of customer situations and is
responsible for fostering superior customer service and communicating
issues to the appropriate supervisor. The Supervisor on duty position
may require shifts ranging from morning to evening hours, weekends and holidays.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Previous supervisory experience is highly desirable.
- Has knowledge of modern office procedures, methods and general
office equipment (computer, copier, fax, telephone, etc.).
- Has knowledge of recreational programming and facility operations;
customer service principles; registration, point of sale and
facility scheduling software programs.
- Proficient with applicable computer software applications (Word,
- Possess basic math skills and have the ability to handle money and
operate a point-of-sale system.
- Must have the ability to perform multiple functions at once and
the ability to handle the public in a friendly and professional manner.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively verbally;
establish and maintain working relationships with employees and the public.
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age or older with a High
School diploma or its equivalent.
- Minimum one (1) years of experience in recreation, customer
service, or other closely related field.
- Previous customer service and computer experience is required.
- Current certifications in CPR/AED & First Aid or the ability
to obtain such certifications within thirty (30) days of employment.
The job description above covers the main duties of this position.
Please note, as a team member, there may be additional
responsibilities that are required to meet ongoing needs of the department.
Employee Benefits & Perks at
- FREE use of District fitness centers and swimming pools
- Discounts on recreation classes and golf (applicable to employees
working 14+ hours/week)
- Paid sick leave
- Opportunities for training and promotion from within
- Flexible schedules
- To view a complete listing of the District’s most current benefit
package, please visit http://careers.ssprd.org
Our mission is to foster healthy living through stewardship of the
environment, parks, trails, and open space by providing recreational
services and programs.
We serve residents in Bow Mar, Columbine Valley, Centennial west of
I-25, Littleton, Lone Tree and Sheridan and unincorporated portions of
Douglas, Jefferson and Arapahoe counties. We operate four full-service
recreation centers, golf courses, outdoor pools and restaurants, two
ice centers and miniature golf courses, and a BMX track, a sports
dome, batting cages, an entertainment center, a hotel and a nature
center. In addition, we maintain nearly 3,800 acres of developed and
open space land, including 119 multi-purpose athletic fields, more
than 100 parks, nearly 80 miles of trails, 60 playgrounds, 56 tennis
courts, and the 880-acre South Platte Park.