About this Opportunity!
Volunteer, Sheridan After School Camp
Did you know volunteering is a great way to explore interests, meet
new people and to do something good for your community at the same
time? If you answered YES, this is the opportunity for you! The After
School Camp volunteers assist with the after school program beginning
in September to coincide with the 2022-2023 school year. Volunteers
will work with children grades 3-5 and assist instructors while
leading a variety of sports and arts activities, as well as help
monitor homework and snack time. The program is held Tuesday-Friday
from 3:30-4:45pm and follows the Sheridan School District Academic Calendar.
Our Ideal Volunteer
- Must be at least fourteen (14) years of age or older.
- Previous experience with children and larger groups is helpful.
Child care experience such as babysitting or in a group setting with
supervision of children is valuable. For example: previous Scout
Troupe leadership, church group activities, help in nursery
settings, assisting with younger siblings, etc.
- Interested in a variety of sports and arts activities.
- Has the ability to learn and demonstrate various activities and
assist in keeping children engaged.
- Has a desire to work with school aged children, preschoolers and families.
- Must be dependable and patient with children.
- Has the ability to follow instruction from District staff.
- Has the ability to follow workplace safety procedures introduced
- Has the ability to be self-directed and provide excellent customer
service to all participants.
- Preferred ability to commit to a minimum of 1 day each week,
ideally 2 days a week.