About this Opportunity!
Special Events Manager at Hudson Gardens
(Full Time, Exempt)
$48,805 - $56,279 per year
Under the supervision of the Hudson Garden’s Manager, this position
is a high level contributor working to maximize the brand and increase
revenue for Hudson Gardens. This position is responsible for a mix of
in-office and event day duties. The Special Events Manager position
encompasses the full spectrum of event processes, including venue
sales, client services and event representation. For venue sales, the
Special Events Manager will communicate with leads through a variety
of platforms for the initial sale and design of the event. Client
service duties will be performed while working directly with event
clients daily to ensure a positive client experience from the day they
sign a contract to the day of their event. During events, the
incumbent will be responsible to providing representation for Hudson
Gardens that is onsite and the point of contact for an event. This
position is required to work shifts ranging from morning to evening
hours, weekends and holidays.
- Proactively prospects new business through leads, existing client
base, and industry involvement. Communicates and engage with sales
leads via phone, email and in-person meetings.
- Serves as the primary contact for all booked events leading up to
and on the date of the event.
- Guides and assists clients through the event planning process,
including providing referrals for vendor services, catering,
entertainment, rentals, event/wedding planning; conducts
coordination meetings and final walk through with the client prior
- Hires, trains, schedules, supervising and evaluates assigned part
time staff, provides or coordinates training and works with
employees to correct deficiencies.
- Develops competent and productive staff by planning, organizing,
and implementing a consistent employee training program, with a
strong emphasis on safety, quality customer service, and
establishing customer loyalty.
- Directly responsible, or through assigned part time staff, for day
of event venue duties including opening and closing venues per event
guidelines, direct vendors to designated areas, communicating with
all parties, and submitting nightly reports.
- Develops and maintains relationships with District employees,
vendors, and various outside user groups to coordinate their
programs and special events.
- Develops, implements, and tracks results of all sales strategies
to ensure utilization
- Prepares, enforces, maintains and modifies policies and procedures
manuals; conducts periodic staff meetings to provide and gather
information, answers questions and responds to inquiries, complaints
and concerns, both internally and externally. Ensures that all
vendors follow and comply with Hudson Gardens’ policies and procedures.
- Responds tactfully and timely to inquiries, concerns and problems
in person, by email, phone and/or mail by providing helpful
information and explanations in line with District policies and
procedures. Professionally handles confrontational and/or stressful interactions.
- Manages and thoroughly documents any emergency situations during
events. Completes all incident/accident reports and follow-up
according to District procedures in a timely manner.
- Ensures that Hudson Gardens fulfills all contractual obligations
- Ensures venue cleanliness prior to and after events.
- Assists with public event management duties.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings, trainings, and orientations.
- Attend work on a regular, reliable and punctual basis
- Sells facility space and coordinates contracted vendors from start
to finish in a wide variety of events such as weddings, banquets,
business meetings, holiday parties and more.
- In a cooperative effort with the communications department,
utilizes various social media platforms for promotion to new and
existing clients, and new marketing initiatives for generating new leads.
- Responsible for keeping up to date information, relevancy and
information accessible to new visitors at Hudson Garden and District
websites to promote the facility and generate new sale leads.
- May attend trade shows and special marketing and promotion events
to generate sales, gather new leads and increase awareness.
- Schedules and participates in property tours of Hudson Gardens
with clients. Performs follow-up meetings and tours with clients to
ensure goals and vision are achieved for both parties.
- Handles all final billing, closes accounts post-event, and sets up
routine follow-up to increase return business. Receives feedback
from clients and staff members post-event via surveys and other
methods as appropriate. Addresses complaints and solves problems as needed.
This job description should not be construed to imply that these
requirements are the exclusive duties of the position. Incumbents
may be required to follow any other instructions, and to perform any
other related duties, as may be required.
Education and/or Experience:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality, Marketing, Public Relations or
related field preferred.
- Minimum three (3) years of previous experience in Business to
Customers (B2C) and Customer Service Experience.
- Experience in the fields of hospitality preferred.
- A combination of experience and education may be considered.
Licenses, Certifications, and Other Requirements:
- Must possess a valid Colorado Driver License or obtain upon hire
and maintain an acceptable driving record.
- CPR, First Aid and AED certificates, or the ability to obtain upon
hire, are required.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong working knowledge of: sales, guest service and employee
relations and operational expertise in revenue management.
- Demonstrate a thorough and comprehensive understanding of the
services offered and facilities at Hudson Gardens.
- Ability to successfully build professional relationships and
collaborate with others.
- Must be highly motivated, sales oriented with excellent
- Must take direction well with excellent interpersonal and
communication skills, both written and verbally.
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and
high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and time management.
- Ability to provide outstanding customer service and get along with
coworkers, patrons, and supervisors and interact with employees and
vendors in a professional manner.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Availability to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends,
- Proficiency with applicable computer software applications (Word,
Excel, Outlook) and able to input data, access information, and/or
create materials and documents using a variety of software applications.
Material and Equipment Used
Various office equipment / tools including but not limited to:
computers, tablet, phone, mobile devices fax, printer, and Microsoft
Office applications such as: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
This position may need to drive a District vehicle and/or a personal
vehicle for business purposes.
Regularly works in an office environment subject to interruptions and
background noise. Event representative duties take place in an event
venue with moderate noise. Occasional environmental conditions
encountered may include loud noises, fumes, odors and exposure to
various plants, molds and/or dust.
Stand, walk, sit for extended periods, reach, lift up to 30 pounds
May occasionally climb, crawl, squat, kneel, balance or lift up to 40
pounds. Vision requirements include close, distance, color and the
ability to focus. The employee must be able to communicate clearly and
effectively, must understand and be understood.
This list is not all-inclusive and represents examples of the work
environment and physical demands.
We’ve Got You Covered!
South Suburban pays:
- 90% of the employee-only medical insurance cost
- 68% of dental & vision insurance cost
- 100% short-term & long-term disability cost
- 100% life and accidental death & dismemberment insurance cost
South Suburban offers:
- FSA options for additional medical expenses
Happy Employees Are the Best Employees
- South Suburban provides an employee assistance program at no cost
that includes: counseling, financial planning, legal assistance, and
- Our Employee Wellness Program gives covered staff the ability to
reduce their medical premium by $360 annually
Take Time Away to Do What You Enjoy
- 10 paid holidays per year
- 4 personal days per year
- Earn 11.5 paid vacation days per year
- Paid sick leave to rest, recover, and take care of yourself
We’ve Got Your Back
- Up to 8% 401(a) Employer contribution/match that vests after 3
years of service
- Diverse trainings to grow your professional and personal skillset
- Tuition Reimbursement Program that covers up to $1,800 per year
Play Where You Work
- Employee engagement is a priority at South Suburban. Staff
gatherings have included: pictures with the Stanley Cup, Chili
Cook-Off, Ice Cream Social, Shuffleboard Tournament, Employee
Appreciation Luncheon, just to name a few
- Monthly wellness challenge opportunities and staff recognition honors
We LOVE Our Facilities and So Will You:
- Free daily admission to recreation centers, tennis courts, ice
rinks and swimming pools
- 50% off food at South Suburban restaurants
- $5 to $10 for nine holes of golf at four different courses
To view a complete listing of the District’s most current
benefit package, please visit
Our mission is to foster healthy living through stewardship of the
environment, parks, trails, and open space by providing recreational
services and programs.
We serve residents in Bow Mar, Columbine Valley, Centennial west of
I-25, Littleton, Lone Tree and Sheridan and unincorporated portions of
Douglas, Jefferson and Arapahoe counties. We operate four full-service
recreation centers, golf courses, outdoor pools and restaurants, two
ice centers and miniature golf courses, a botanical garden event
center, a BMX track, a sports dome, batting cages, an entertainment
center, a hotel and a nature center. In addition, we maintain nearly
3,800 acres of developed and open space land, including 119
multi-purpose athletic fields, more than 100 parks, nearly 80 miles of
trails, 60 playgrounds, 56 tennis courts, and the 880-acre South