About this Opportunity!
Personal Trainer Part-Time
Centennial | Littleton | Lone Tree
$20.00 - $27.50 per hour
Do you love fitness? Do you enjoy helping people achieve their
personal goals? If you answered YES, then this is the job for you! The
Personal Trainer leads safe, effective and enjoyable one on one and
group personal training to recreation center participants of various
fitness levels. This position may be required to work beyond normal
working hours, weekends and holidays for recreation programs and
special events. If you are personable, friendly, dedicated and
passionate about fitness and changing lives - you might be our next
Our Ideal Candidate
- Will have prior experience in personal training.
- First Aid certification is preferred.
- Has an understanding and knowledge of exercise science, nutrition
and wellness to promote fitness and educate participants.
- Ability to communicate effectively and establish and maintain
working relationships with employees and the public.
- Will have knowledge of the principals and practices of fitness programming.
- Will have knowledge in all areas of fitness including strength
training, aerobic training, flexibility, exercise selection and
training intensity and duration for various goals.
- Knowledge and experience working with special populations (older
adults, chronic conditions and teens) preferred.
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
- Graduation from high school or completion of GED.
- Current National Personal Trainer and must be maintained through
Continuing Education Credits (CEC’s) as required.
- Possession of current certifications in CPR/AED required.
- Will have early morning, evening and/or weekend availability.
Facilities are open weekdays 6 am - 7 pm and weekends from 8 am - 3 pm.
The job description above covers the main duties of this position.
Please note, as a team member, there may be additional
responsibilities that are required to meet ongoing needs of the department.
Employee Benefits & Perks at
- FREE use of District fitness centers and swimming pools
- Discounts on recreation classes and golf (applicable to employees
working 14+ hours/week)
- Paid sick leave
- Opportunities for training and promotion from within
- Flexible schedules
- To view a complete listing of the District’s most current benefit
package, please visit http://careers.ssprd.org
Our mission is to foster healthy living through stewardship of the
environment, parks, trails, and open space by providing recreational
services and programs.
We serve residents in Bow Mar, Columbine Valley, Centennial west of
I-25, Littleton, Lone Tree and Sheridan and unincorporated portions of
Douglas, Jefferson and Arapahoe counties. We operate four full-service
recreation centers, golf courses, outdoor pools and restaurants, two
ice centers and miniature golf courses, and a BMX track, a sports
dome, batting cages, an entertainment center, a hotel and a nature
center. In addition, we maintain nearly 3,800 acres of developed and
open space land, including 119 multi-purpose athletic fields, more
than 100 parks, nearly 80 miles of trails, 60 playgrounds, 56 tennis
courts, and the 880-acre South Platte Park.