About this Opportunity!
Ice Maintenance Technician Part-Time
Centennial | Littleton
$13.50 - $14.91 per hour
If you are passionate about ice and recreation, we have the job for
you! The Ice Maintenance Technician is responsible for the upkeep and
maintenance of ice rink surfaces and surrounding facilities including:
player benches, locker rooms, Zamboni garages, walkways, glass,
boards, etc., all while keeping events on time according to the ice
events schedule. This position will also have opening and/or closing
responsibilities. The job may require shifts ranging from morning to
evening hours, weekends and holidays.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Is knowledgeable in the proper use and preventative maintenance of
an ice re-surfacer and ice edger.
- Must have the ability to perform multiple functions at once and
the ability to handle the public in a friendly and professional manner.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively verbally;
establish and maintain working relationships with employees and the public.
- Must be eighteen (18) years old with a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge of the techniques and equipment involved in the
components of custodial maintenance, preventative maintenance and
the operations of an ice rink is required.
- Experience working with equipment including but not limited to the
Zamboni machines, ice edger, ice compressors, cooling towers and
- CPR/AED & First Aid certifications or the ability to obtain
upon hire are required.
The job description above covers the main duties of this position.
Please note, as a team member, there may be additional
responsibilities that are required to meet ongoing needs of the department.
Employee Benefits & Perks at
- FREE use of District fitness centers and swimming pools
- Discounts on recreation classes and golf (applicable to employees
working 14+ hours/week)
- Paid sick leave
- Opportunities for training and promotion from within
- Flexible schedules
- To view a complete listing of the District’s most current benefit
package, please visit http://careers.ssprd.org
Our mission is to foster healthy living through stewardship of the
environment, parks, trails, and open space by providing recreational
services and programs.
We serve residents in Bow Mar, Columbine Valley, Centennial west of
I-25, Littleton, Lone Tree and Sheridan and unincorporated portions of
Douglas, Jefferson and Arapahoe counties. We operate four full-service
recreation centers, golf courses, outdoor pools and restaurants, two
ice centers and miniature golf courses, and a BMX track, a sports
dome, batting cages, an entertainment center, a hotel and a nature
center. In addition, we maintain nearly 3,800 acres of developed and
open space land, including 119 multi-purpose athletic fields, more
than 100 parks, nearly 80 miles of trails, 60 playgrounds, 56 tennis
courts, and the 880-acre South Platte Park.